Friday, September 29, 2006

The Glory of God

This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I wake up everyday rejoicing before the Lord thanking Him for a wonderful day. That is so important for us Christians to start the day on the right foot and that's Gods foot. If you start on His foot then surely you'll walk His path for the day. Even though the devil might try to tempt you to do certain things. When you walk in God's light the devils darkness will not enter. I was thinking today at work while I was hole punching paper. I will tell you hole punching paper isn't the job to go to college for. I have to hole punch all the death file summaries. Incase you are now wondering why a pastor is doing this job. I have two jobs. I work full-time at the VA medical center and part-time/full-time with Brighter Days Family Church. Yes my life is busy but it's God's business. Well back to my thinking. I was thinking what an imagination our Heavenly Father has. Just to think inside my wife's little belly there is a child that is growing. That was formed from on egg and one swimmer. To think that from those 2 things that billions of cells will form into everything that make us. When those cells are forming they already know there place in the body. Which is totally amazing. That's why I can't understand why people think we come from monkeys and that we all were formed from a big bang. Yah right! It is totally God's love and imagination that shines from a pregnant women's face. That's why people can tell when a women is pregnant sometimes, because of that glow. Just to think that God specially made us to who we are. We are perfect the way we are. Every morning when I get up and look at myself in the mirror. I tell myself a few things. I first tell myself that I am beautiful and perfectly made. I also tell myself that I van do what ever God tells me to do today, and I'm going to turn the lives around towards Jesus. Like I said before it is important to start the day on the right foot. I hear people saying that they are ugly and to fat or even to tall or to short. All they are saying is that God made a mistake. God has made you to be the person you are. Not some other person. If God wanted you t be someone else then you would look like that other person. Talk like that person. Act like that person. You would be that person. Some say I don't know the calling on my life I don't know what God wants me to do. Those same person never spends any quality time with God. They never talk to God. They never read His word. Because if you are into God then you'll be thinking His thoughts and walking and doing what He wants you to do. Not all of us have been called to be preachers, but all of us have been called to spread the word of God. Remember when you were in your mothers womb. God was putting a gift and a plan in your heart. He has called you to be who you are. He has called you to be bold in His word. He has called you to spread the gospel through out the world. This is the day that the Lord has made, so let's rejoice and be glad. Let's not waste this day that the Lord has given us by complaining about who we are. Or our jobs that we work. Which God has given to us. Let us not just sit down in front of the TV and fill our brains with junk. Let this day be filled with God's presence and His word. Everyone have a great and safe weekend. Let God fill your weekend with His love and presences. God Bless