Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How much are you worth?

So have you ever wondered how much you are worth? Some might say nothing since I never have money. Others might say well I have a lot of money so I'm worth a lot. See most people look at what they have on earth as there riches. Which it isn't. Let me ask you this. Can you take your car with you to heaven? Can you take all the money you have to heaven? I don't think so. See whatever you do for God now you receive when you get to heaven. Matt 6:19-21 says "do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." When I was a little younger God brought this verse to attention one day. I had invested in a killer sound system in my car. I had 3 10 inch woofers and 2 8 inch woofers along with a detachable face plate CD player when they weren't all that popular. I had spent over 1000 dollars on this system. One week after buying all of these things some decided to help them selves to all the sound equipment. Yep every last peace. They even took the wiring. Which they usually left behind. I was so mad. I just couldn't believe it. Then God brought me to this verse. Then I realized what I was investing my future into. Instead investing time into God's kingdom for my Godly inheritance I was investing in a worldly inheritance that I would never get to keep. I had to realize that just because other people have nice things it doesn't mean they have more riches than you. Most Christian's probably have more money in heaven then Bill Gate's has on earth. The thing is. What inheritance are you going to leave here on earth for your kids. Worldly things that will rust away or get stolen. Or Godly things that will never rust and get stolen. I would rather leave my kids with Godly wisdom than all the money in the world. The end of the verse says For where your treasure is there your heart will be also. Where is your heart? Just look at the things that you seek after and that will tell you where your heart is. Is it seeking worldly happiness or after God's own heart. It's time to get our heads screwed on right. Let's seek first the kingdom of God. Because when we do great riches and true happiness will follow. Don't care what people have here on earth. As long you have God nothing can compare to Him not even all the money in the world. We also have to remember that we are only living here for a few minutes in Godly time. We have eternity in Heaven.