Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Let me FIRST!

How many have you heard or said this at one time of your life. When Jesus is telling you to do something you say this. Well Jesus first let me do this or I will do that, but first I have to do this. Now we are no different then the people in the Bible. In Mark a man comes up to Jesus and says I want to come with you, but first let me buried my dad. See he didn't say he wasn't going to follow Jesus. He said I will follow you just let me do what I need to do first. Then another comes up and says that he will follow Jesus, but first let me go tell my loved ones. He was going to follow Jesus when it was right for him. We all know that these men never followed Jesus at that time. We have to get our thinking in the right order. We are people that grow up in Democracy. If I can't get then I'll talk to someone in getting it for me. Well if I don't like this or that then I'll get a lawyer to change it. We belong to the kingdom of God. When you belong to a kingdom you have one ruler. That ruler the King makes all the decisions. Let's you know what you are going to be doing. You don't have a say so. That is the type of thinking we need to have. When God tells us something to do we just need to do it. In the old day if the King would tell you to do something and you didn't do it. Well either your dead or you are in prison. They feared the king just like we should fear our King of King's. As Americans we don't fear God as we should. Abraham feared God so much that he was going to sacrifice his own son. God gave Abraham 3 days to back out to think about what he was about to do. Abraham still obeyed God. We need to have that kind of fear in God. When God tells us to do something we need to do it without thinking. Because when we start to think then the devil gets into the conversation. He'll get you confused and on the wrong path. Let's give God our best. I mean we have eternity to do anything we want but only a little bit to do what God needs us to do. Some said that if one person would save 1000 people every month it would take something like 300,000 years to get everyone saved. That's with no one dieing or being born. Now if one person would save 2 people and that person would save 2 people then the next and so on and so on. It would only take 3 years for the whole world to be saved. Let's get our war boots on and let's go to war for our King and let's kick the devils backside around. Let's let him know who's in town and that he's not welcome any more.