Sunday, October 01, 2006

Why Hunting is Cool!


Ok I got some emails wondering why I liked hunting ducks. It's because the beauty in them. When you see these animals you see God all over them. I do not kill just to kill. If you do that then yes you are doing it for the wrong reason. If you hunt to provide then you have the right answer. I do not eat the ducks but I give them away to ones that do but are unable to hunt. Some of them I keep. I know you're wondering what I do with them since I don't eat them. I get them stuffed. That way I can always see God's glory. Here's my first duck I ever shot. It is a wood duck. What you can't see is that the head and back and wing feathers do change colors when you look at it in different angles. IT goes from blue to green, to red. It is totally amazing.














This other one is the female I shot last year. She has beauty within. Her feathers are perfectly shaded to keep her and the eggs safe from predators. Also she has a colorful stripe on her wing. That does turn from blue and green.














Now this next one is a relative of the wood duck that you saw up above. Now this one you can not hunt for in America. If you go to China then you would be able to. You might wonder why I got it. Well the true beauty of it. These birds you could stand for hours looking at them and see something different all the time. It just shows the imagination our heavenly father has.