Friday, June 22, 2007

How strong is your FAITH?

This last Sunday someone told a story that got me thinking how strong my faith really is. He told a story that he and his family didn't have a lot of money because his business wasn't producing to much. Then he got a great bid on his product that was never so high before. Then God said I want you to keep this amount back do not sell them. So he obeyed. Well a little time had passed the fam needed some food and some money. Then God told him to give a away his first product. Just give it away!! It was between food and listening to God. He did what he was told and gave it away. Even though the circumstances in front of him or even his flesh was telling him he was crazy. It ends up because of his faith in God. God was able to bless him tremendously. All of his product has been sold really quick and God was able to be glorified through it all. This story got me thinking. Could I do that? Knowing that my family needs food or the bills that need to be paid. That took great faith to do this. It brings me back to the disciples. When they started off they left everything. When Jesus walked up to them and said follow Me. They did it. They left there businesses and families to go with Jesus who they barely knew. They were walking on faith from day one, and they probably didn't even know it. I've used my faith in different times. God told me to get rid of a car and I did. He blessed me with a different one. The only thing there was that we had another car to drive. The disciples and the story of the man above had nothing to back up on. They had to do it from total faith. Nothing less nothing more it was total faith. How strong is your faith? Do you have strong enough faith to do this. On Father's Day. I was sitting at an end of a dock on a lake. The wind was pretty strong so the dock was bouncing pretty good. I was praying and talking to God. Nothing more peaceful then listening to the wind and waves talking to God. Well said "do you remember the story about the disciples in the boat and the storm moved in while Jesus was asleep, so they awoke Jesus and Jesus calmed the storm". I said yes I do. Then He asked "what does it mean to you". I told him that the disciple some of whom were fisherman at one time. Where afraid for there lives, so the storm had to be pretty bad. So bad that they woke up Jesus. They knew that Jesus could do something from watching him preach. So they woke Him up and He rebuked the storm. God said there is more to that. He told me to go read the story and He would let me know more. So later I read the stories in Matthew, Mark, Luke. I was once told if there's a story or saying in the Bible more the twice the it's really important. So I read it again and again. I still couldn't see anything. So I told God that I couldn't see anything else. So this is what He told me. The boat is you, because Jesus is living inside of you. The storm and waves is the devil trying to confuse, scare, and drown you because he doesn't want you to move forward in life. This next statement he made got me. God said how often do you wake up Jesus. Wow. We all have the power and authority to calm any storm, but how many of us cry out to Jesus before even trying to use that power. We are so eager to ask Jesus for everything that we don't use our Faith. It's time that we let Him rest and we start doing our own work of Faith. Everyone have a great weekend. Chow