Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Where's your chair?

On Sunday my dad told me a story which I'm going to write to you. They had a guest speaker on Sunday at church that told them a story that happened to him. This man is a motivational speaker. He had spent 21 days oversees. In those 21 days he spoke 28 times. He said that all he wanted to do is sleep all the way back. The first plane he got on he said that the couple next to him fought the hole time. So when he landed he got first class tickets so he good have some sleep. When he got on the plane he had to crawl over the other person. He noticed that this person was a business man. Thinking to himself, he thought he would finally get some sleep. Before take off they did some small talk. The business man said he was on an executive board for media for a company, but he said he always wanted to be a motivational speaker. The man said he had missed it somewhere. The christian speaker no new he wasn't going to get any sleep. He told the man that he was a motivational speaker. Well after a long conversation. The other man told him he wasn't happy in what he was doing. That working a playboy. Yes playboy. He longed for a change. Well they got off a plane and the Executive asked the guys for a business card. So he gave him one and the executive said that he would give him a call so he could come and speak to the playboy board of directors. In my mind when I heard this I was amazed at what happened. But my heart was grieving. My spirit said he missed it. I wondered what that meant. So I prayed about it. See the christian was there to get him saved not just to talk. The guy was open to the word and the love of God. The christian blew it. He could have saved him from hell, but didn't. Got doesn't want us in our comfort zone or you could say our lazy boy. It's time to be outside the box and start doing what God has told us to do. Which is spreading the gospel to everyone. The one's we know and don't know. Chow