Sunday, October 15, 2006

God given Weekend

What a glorious weekend. It first started out going to a church members house on Friday evening. Had a great time of fellowship and some mighty fine good food. A pastor always loves his food and fellowship. We had a special time were we all sat down and told eachother how great God is in our lives. Well I guess the preacher came out of me a bit when I spoke but it was good. Well we didn't leave there until midnight. I went right to bed singing the victory song on Tommy Bates new Cd. Nothing better going to bed rejoicing God's name. I woke up singing the song. My spirit must have been singing it all nite long. I woke up at 530am to go to Tom's house to get in some of the farm chores. Wanted to see what it all took. Well I was surprised of the magnitude of the chores. We gave the pigs there slop. They sure ain't picky eaters. We went to one of the corrals to put feed for the cows took the battery for the water pump in to get it charged. Went across the street. To put feed over there for the cows. Said hi to Sven or number 7. That is the cow that we are going to get butchered. Yum yum in my tum tum. I tell you one thing. The cows know that you have food. You don't want to get in there way. Then came the fun part. We were taking hay out to another pasture of his. So we put the round bail in the back of the truck. I opened the gate to that sector to find out that the cows were already waiting for the breakfast. Tom told me to get in the truck and watch. See we were going to the other side of the field to feed them. The next thing that took place was not only funny but amazing. He started to take off for the otherside. At this time I have totally figured out that cow was missing something. That something is a brain. Any common sense would tell you that a truck coming your way you would just get out the way as fast as you can. Well to a cow. It's more let's think about this for a second or two. Well after getting through the cow barrier we had smooth sailing. Tom told me to look behind to see the cows. To my amazement that little cows were keeping up. With the mouths wide open and drool hanging out looking at the food that was in front of them. Which they could not reach. When we got to the spot of the field to drop off the hay Tom said we only had about 45 seconds to get the hay down and un roll it. He was right those cows were running so fast that there was a dust cloud behind them. When the cows got there. They were huffing and a puffing with one thing in mind. It was the glorious hay that was now in front of them. It was amazing. Well when we got back from that I noticed the cows that we first dropped off hay at (which I forgot to mention this drop off) they were still chowing down on it. They had eaten more the half of the hay bail and still going. We had to wait a little bit for the other help to come. So Tom and I had some quality farm talk going on. When all the help got there it was time for the cow gathering. I was now in for the time of my life. When we got to the destination I went out to undo the electric fence. Harmless right. A city person that just learned to unhook the fence that morning. Well I did electrify myself. Well what did happen was that when Tom pulled the truck inside I put the fence back up to find out that the cow clan had moved to the truck. Since there was some small hay bales inside to entice there hunger. Well it seemed that the bull that was inside had is eyes on that hail bail. Well when I started to walk back to the truck Tom told me to stay on his side since the bull was on the side I would have been walking towards. Thanks Tom for great observation. Well after holding the coral fence closed when Tom was getting everything set up. I was really nervous at that time. Here is about 60 cows looking at me. I'm holding a little wired fence that a 5 year old could run through. They see the food on the other side. The only thing stopping them is me and that little fence. They were yelping up at storm. If I understood cow language I would say that they were saying let's trample him, he's nothing. Luckily they went to the other side of the coral area because they could see the hay a little better. Tom came over after he was done and told me to get in the truck. I did without a problem. He opened the gate and it was a mad dash towards the food. I could only imagine the old country movies of a stampede. Well we got them all in the coral without a problem. To convince them to go through the little walk way to get into the trailer wasn't that easy. I was in control of crowd control in the little walk way. To keep them moving forward and not back ward. After finding out that I was using the shocker tool the wrong way. It went smoothly. I know I wouldn't want to get shocked there. I would move without a fuss. Tom was really amazed at the cowboy skills that Darrell and I had. I know it was truly amazing. I actually haven't moved that fast in a long time. It was truly fun. We got done ahead of schedule. That's right ahead of schedule. WE are good. Actually God had his hand through the hole thing. It's important to pray for God's favor before starting anything. The only problem was that there was a cow patty in my area of running that I kept on stepping in. Everytime I stepped in it I though I was ice skating. After getting all of the cows home to the farm we had a great old time farm meal is was delicious. Had some good conversation. I went home and passed out for about 2 hours. Body wasn't used to all that kind of excitement. I do truly thank Tom for giving me the opportunity to help him out. I sure hope he invites me back to have more fun. I'm always willing to help him out. Then Sunday we had a glorious service. We have two missionaries that's we support came to our church. They both live in El Savador. One can't speak English. So the other would translate. It was a powerful sermon. God was moving through them in a powerful way. God did some great things at church today. God is great. Talk to you all later.