Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New and Old Prayer Request

Christina is a dear friend of mine. About a month or so ago she found out that her husband has cancer. This is her letter to me. Let's join in prayer for her family.

Dear Friends:

I have selected a few names out of my email box this morning to enlist as heavy hitting prayer warriors for our family. As I write this note, I am at a loss for words and a bit weary none the less. I would ask that you please petition God for mercy on my family. Brian was doing a bit better and is now really struggling, enough so that he hasn't been able to go to work the past few days.

Pray that fear will not over come me and that I will be able to minister to him today with only the strength that God can provide. I am not sure if this is going an ongoing issue (being to sick to work outside of the home), but if it is it will create undue hardship on us as we are not set up at this time to farm fulltime yet. I am caught with the struggle of wanting to be hopeful, strong and courageous but also knowing I must begin to prepare if we are not successful in this battle. I am not sure where to start preparing if Brian doesn't feel well enough to work. You have my permission to share this prayer request with others for the purpose of praying for my family. I simply do not know what to do other than ask for prayers for strength and encouragement.

I have been trying to live out life as normally as possible here. Please pray that God will show me what steps I must take to ensure the well-being of our family through this crisis time. The survivor in me is starting to go into hyper overdriven. I don't want to see the farmstead suffer as we endure this crisis as it will be source of income for us if God decides to take Brian home. There are so many positive things going on with growth including the soap venture taking off. There are also a number of opportunities through our website that I may be able to capitalize on. However, if Brian continues to decline, I have to devote my time to caring for him and I am not sure how much this will affect my ability to take on the role of provider for our family too. Please pray that God will give me strength to complete my tasks, care for Brian and the children and that he will provide for us if Brian is unable to return to work.

May God Bless each of you as you walk with us through this crisis. My hope is that you will be transformed and access the same promises in James 1 that I know I can access through this trial. I have watched many dear friends weep for us the past few days. I know as we face this trial the reality is hard, but it doesn't have to be hopeless for any of us, for my family and for those who are praying for us. I face this trial knowing God has some plan to reveal his glory each step of the way. It is this hope that carries me through dark hours here.

Thank you for your prayers.

Christina, aka, KSMilkmaid. www.fullerfamilyfarms.com/topics/blog


This is about the three year old that landed on her head. Also it talks about a girl that is recovering from skin cancer. Thanks for the continuing prayers.

Hi again everyone,I'm writing with the latest update on the 3 year old girl Jessica who has a brain injury. As you know, she came home a couple of days ago, but she is still recovering. Yesterday she wasn't doing very well and today she is doing a little better. She is still in pain and continuing to need rest to heal. Please pray for ongoing or immediate healing and that there will be no permanent long term after affects. Thank you so much. Also, if you could pray for another teen relative of mine named Jessica who is recovering from painful skin cancer removal, I'm sure she would be helped as well. Thank you. BeckyJoie